July 12, 2012

A Worthy Cause

My friend Becki, who helped me set up this blog, asked if I could donate some hand made items to the Relay For Life Fundraiser in her town. She and her mom are very active in this cause which raises money for the fight against cancer.

Here are some things that I made for them to include in their basket raffles.


A few bracelets. Simple wire with a clasp.


A woven cuff bracelet. A bit harder than the first group.


A necklace and earrings set. This was pretty easy too. I like mixing vintage crystals with new.


Here's the whole lot. I forgot to take a separate picture of the purple chandelier earrings over on the left. I was happy to help Becki out because she helps me out when I need her.


In other news, I had a gorgeous swallowtail butterfly on my flowers out front.





I wish I knew what these flowers are called. I bought the plant at the farmers market last year and the man mentioned the name, but of course I didn't write it down so the name is gone. I can't seem to find it in my perennial book.
I like how butterflies mainly trust you and don't fly away when you are taking their picture. I suppose it also could be because they are so busy, they don't notice you.

Well, we are off to Saratoga Springs for the weekend so I will wish you a good one now.
Thank you for reading my blog, there are so few of you and I appreciate you all. :)



4 comments:

  1. You jewelry is very pretty, Mary. I especially like the woven bracelet.
    The pictures of the butterfly are gorgeous. I never seem to get a photo of the butterflies.
    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some gorgeous jewelry you've made! I particularly love that purple bracelet! It fascinates me with its double rows and the two beads. Those butterfly pictures look almost 3-D they are so vivid! You have some rockin photography skills girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary! Your jewelry is really pretty! I like simpler jewelry and this is just perfect. Sometimes jewelry is just too overdone for me ... but that's just my taste. I noticed you mentioned something about your followers. If you want more, you could link up to some of the weekly blog "linky parties" if you don't already. That's how I got most of my followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have tried the link parties, but I don't really get many followers from them. But I will try some more now and see what happens. Thanks! By the way, I really love your blog!

      Delete