Here are the last touches I put on the quilt.
First I cut bias tape so I could bind the quilt all the way around.
EHow.com is very valuable when you need tutorials on things such as this. I learned how to calculate how much fabric I needed, how to cut it and sew it together.
First I cut the pieces on the diagonal. This cutting mat came in very handy for the job.
Then I pinned them end to end, and sewed a continuous piece.
In order to have them match up and have a diagonal seam, you have to have them off center when you pin them. I sewed three seams and ripped them out before I finally got it right. You will have to trim off the little corners, but the seam comes out okay.
Here's what the seams look like on the right side...
...here's what they look like on the wrong side.
Then I folded it in half and ironed it. Then I opened it back up and folded the edges into the middle and pressed those folds.
Then I pinned it all the way around the quilt and stitched it down.
Here is the finished project.
Ron's niece really liked the quilt and I was very happy with how it came out.
I'm onto my next quilt!
This one is going to be a strip quilt which is much easier than all that measuring and figuring and planning I did with the last one. Can't wait to start!