January 20, 2010

I went for a walk in the snow this morning. It felt good to be outside in the sun. This pic is of a creek near my house. I love the bridge over the frozen water. This creek has been a source of great entertainment for our family. We watch beavers, ducks, and geese swim. Herons fishing. Sometimes there are turtles and of course frogs humming and croaking in the summer. Last summer/fall we had a white egret stop in during migration. He fished for hours and was quite interesting. Sometimes local kids jump off this bridge into the mucky water below. They call it "scum jumping". Lol.

I also noticed the tracks on the ice in this picture. I wonder who made them? A squirrel? A fox? Could be a coyote or a dog. Maybe one of the beavers. Do beavers hibernate? I know what they do in the summer.

They chew up the trees along the creek. A couple of times we caught them on the banks, but never while they were chewing a tree.

I got an awsome new camera today so I'm hoping I will have better pictures to share once I figure out how to use it!

I realized I forgot my thankful post yesterday so I have to have two things today. Yesterday I remember being thankful that I have a day off in the middle of the week. :)

Today I am thankful for the beautiful landscape around me. Its wonderful to watch the seasons come and go in this part of the country. One day I hope to post some pictures of the four seasons here. But, I have to get to two more seasons first!

No comments:

Post a Comment