March 11, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner




So chicken gets eaten a lot around here. It seems as though I have a thousand recipes for it. While I'm doing my menu planning, I try to only make it once a week, or on Monday and Thursday/Friday so there are a few days in between.

This week I made Chicken with Honey and 4-Spice Seasoning.

It's delicious. Make sure you cook enough chicken pieces because it will be gone. Fast.

First of all, I made my own 4-spice seasoning. It calls for:
2 tablespoons ground white pepper
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon ground cloves

Here is the recipe for the chicken.
1 chicken cut into pieces or selected pieces of chicken.
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons honey
5oz soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon 4-spice seasoning
pepper, salt, olive oil

In a cooking pot on a medium heat, brown the pieces of chicken on each side in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic crushed in a garlic press, then the honey.

Leave to cook for a minute, then turn the pieces over so that they are well coated. Add the soy sauce, the 4-spice seasoning and the pepper. Leave to cook slowly over a medium heat for about 25 minutes.

Check the seasoning, and remembering that the soy sauce is already salted, add salt to your taste.


 
I served this with rice and green beans. It was delicious, and like I said before, there was not enough chicken. Next time I may buy more chicken pieces and brown them in stages. I have a large pot and there still was not enough room to comfortably brown all I had. Then I might reserve some of the sauce out of the pot so I can pour it over the top of the chicken to make sure it all gets coated.

I hope you get the chance to enjoy this, it's delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Is that what I smelled at my house[I wish]looks great and tastey. We all eat enough chicken to make us start laying eggs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete