June 16, 2011

Always Near


You may be gone but you are not forgotten. Always in my heart and in my head.


I can still hear you calling me to get up for work in the morning even though it was 18 years ago.
I am still picking on Daddy for you.
Remember how you used to tell me I was just like my father when I did something that annoyed you? Well, last month I told him he was just like himself. He knew I was speaking for you.
He knows he's in trouble for the other day when he said you wouldn't let him play games with us and that's why he didn't know where you kept the Spill and Spell.
I can see myself becoming just like you as I get older.
I was looking for something the other day and I found it in my hand. (I heard you say "I told you")
I saw a butterfly the other day and I knew you were there.
I now have your knees.
Margaret told me I have your feet, too.
I miss you so much it hurts.
I can't wait to see you again.
When I die I expect to hear God say "Your Mother is hilarious! Come on in and laugh for a while."
:)

Love you Mama. Hope you are experiencing peace like no other and that there is tea in heaven.


Sorry about the picture, I cannot ever get my scanner to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment