June 18, 2011

Catching Up



So I've been away for a while. I've been a little out of sorts still. I don't seem to feel that I have the time to spend with my blog entries. I have barely even gone on the Internet much at all in the last month or so. My email inbox keeps piling up. Once again I've been keeping up with meals and the basics and that's just about it. We had such a depressing and rainy May here in Western New York that I didn't have the drive to do anything.

It could also be that danged fibromyalgia. It has never wiped me out before. I would get a flare up once every other month, pain in my wrists or knees or elbows. But lately, it has been giving me constant pain. I have really never taken anything for it. Working in the pharmacy has enlightened me to side effects from medications. It has always turned me off. But lately, I've been thinking I should go see the doctor and get something for this. I just don't want to become dependant on anything. But I really need to be able to live a better life I guess. I started taking Vitamin B12 and it seems to be helping me get my energy back. This past weekend I got my flowers planted and that made me feel a lot better.

So, here is what we have been up to.


We went to Colonial Williamsburg. It was such a nice relief from the terrible spring we had. Although, the weather took another month to get better after we came back.


It was beautiful there, as usual.
The gardens were amazing. Made me want to change my whole property.
The huge brick mansion would be a great start. Lol

Wouldn't it be nice to have this lovely walkway in your yard?


They really know how to grow things there.


I guess it helps when you have the sun. :)


We came home just in time for Easter.



There is no shortage of bunnies in my house.

Even ones that dance and serve tea at the same time.




 
I used the Meyer lemon juice I froze in March to make this delight.
Meyer Lemon Crepe Cake
One of those dishes that I define as "I can't believe I made something that tastes this good."
You can find the recipe from Martha Stewart here .
It was a lot of work. But worth it. Luckily I cleaned the house thoroughly before we went away, knowing full well I was having my family here for Easter, so all I had to do was food prep when we got home.

We had another birthday for Baby Girl.


She's a teenager now. :(



Red velvet cake. Mmmm. Also, my Mother's Day cupcake in the foreground there. All from our favorite bakery.
 
 
 

Then the day finally came when the cherry blossoms opened. I left the Christmas lights up so that I could see how this looked. It was beautiful. Now the flowers are gone but the tree still looks pretty all lit up through the leaves. The girls say it looks great so I'm leaving it for now. If it looked dorky or all "hey don't you know it's not Christmas anymore", they would definitely tell me.


Oh, so pretty. Too bad the rain started again two days later and pulled all the blossoms down before they could be pollinated. I hardly saw any bees. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the tree or what, but I sure miss the cherries.



My crazy brother Michael came to town for a day. Long story short, he came to pick up a piece of furniture that my Dad made since his friend had a rental truck that was going from New Jersey to Idaho and this was his only chance to move it to Portland.


His son met him in Idaho with his truck and loaded it up for the remaining drive to Oregon. Michael also picked up my grandparents old radio to take to my other brother Donald in Washington.


Isn't it so cool?

So my Dad's house is two pieces of furniture lighter. Lol. 600 to go.

I bought some new hostas for my front gardens. I was more concerned with how the water stayed like this on the leaves than anything.


 Anyhoo, these plants were huge so I divided them and got six instead of three.

We also had a dance recital.


Flash photography was not allowed and it was very dark in the theatre. So, sorry, the pic is not exactly what I wanted it to be.

We never had a recital before. Watching Irish dancing was never really promoted and at competition you are not allowed to record since there must have been some cheating and copying of steps in the past so grandparents and aunts and uncles never really got to see the team dances unless there was a special occasion.

Big V joined a local dance studio with some of her old friends from Irish dance so they had a lot of fun. Hip hop is sooooooo different. Much more relaxed.

So, that is it my friends. Two months gone by. Not too much to report.

If anyone is still tuning in here, I am thankful for you.
I know my MIL is. She's sticking with me. Lol.
Thanks Flobie!

No comments:

Post a Comment