January 2, 2011

Resolutions




Every year, when I was younger, I would make a New Year's Resolution. I scarcely remember following through with them.

This year, instead of making resolutions, I'm going to make what I'll call new habits. They say it takes 28 days to form a habit. Now all I have to do is choose which one I want to start with. Lol.

1. I'm going to stop eating everything in sight, like I've been doing for the last 6 weeks. This should probably be my first habit.
2. I'm going to do like my mother used to say and "just get on with it". My life is my life and I can't change much about it so I'm just going to do what I have to and trust that I am exactly where God wants me to be at each and every moment of the day.
3. Exercise. Yes, I know, sounds like a resolution. But, last year I was doing so well that I lost 10 lbs. Unfortunately, I gained it all back. I cannot let myself sit still so much. Besides wanting to fit in my clothes, I want to be healthy.
4. Plan meals weekly. This will save me money, I know. When I don't plan ahead, I stop after work EVERY day to pick up food for dinner. I spend $25-$40 a day. This adds up quickly.
5. Take a photography class, or classes. I need to get more info on this new camera of mine and I also got a great new zoom lens for Christmas. This is so important to me, it has to be done. This should probably be my number one habit to start, but, if I keep eating, I won't fit through the door to go to the class.
6. Give the girls jobs to do. One person cannot take care of this entire house. Maybe Daddy will get some jobs too.
7. Get my craft area set up in the basement. We cleaned out so much junk and old toys from our basement for our Christmas party that we now have plenty of room for a craft area. I plan on having one area for me and one for Little V. She is very creative and has been sitting on the basement floor for about 3 years painting and making Sculpey pieces and such.
8. Get my Etsy store up and running. I really want to see if I can make a go of it. I have so many ideas and things I've already made, it's such a waste to leave it all sitting here.
9. Put a little money away each week for next Christmas. I really need to start shopping earlier and, um, money is the key. I guess.
10. Try to see the good, hold my tongue, be a calmer driver, keep it around 1500 rpms(the price of gas is shocking here), be the best person I can, think before I speak, so I can maybe help my girls to be better people too.

Like I said, I'm not sure what order these will go in. It may change weekly. Or daily. Maybe the attitude changing ones should be first since some of the others will be easier to complete in a day or two.
If I think of any more to add, I will surely post them here.

Happy and safe New Year to everyone out there!

1 comment:

  1. good list my friend! i'd be more than happy to help with a couple of those!! suz

    ReplyDelete