October 26, 2010

Lovely Views


This past weekend, and so far this week, we have had lovely weather in Buffalo.

Big V and I went for a walk in the park near our home.

The park really is beautiful this time of year. All the summer picnic people are gone and the park is relatively quiet. Although, some people were blowing off rockets that came dangerously close to landing on us. My daughter thought it was hilarious watching me run back and forth to try and avoid getting hit by the falling rocket.


There is a lighthouse near the water. But I've lived here 17 years and have yet to see a ship in the lake during a storm that would really have a use for this thing.

This is the entrance to one of the hiking trails. I have many pictures of this spot. I think it's so beautiful that I have to get an image of it every year. lol.

I love the water. Maybe because I'm an Aquarius/Pisces cusp? My brother Michael says "If you're on the cusp, it means you're really messed up." Nice huh? Anyway, I should take a chair and go sit by the water. I can do that in the Cape, why not here? It's right outside my door. Something is holding me back. I think it will annoy me to have people walking by me, playing disc golf, walking dogs, kids fishing, snakes, weirdos. At least at the beach, most people are with their families. Or they came for a purpose, to swim or beach comb, or walk out in the tide. In the park, weird people are looking for other weird people. Maybe someday, I will go sit there. It is peaceful. But I do hate snakes. :(

Today I am thankful for all God's diverse creatures. Including weirdos and snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment