January 14, 2012

Winter's Return and a New Project


So winter has come back and we finally got some snow worth talking about. I would have ventured out to take a better picture than this, but it's really cold. I guess I'm a baby.




It's nice to let the dog out and she doesn't come in covered in mud.




Now it's a different process of clean up, but its a clean clean up, not a dirty one. It just involves getting all the snowballs off her paws and face, at the same time as she is trying to eat them.


Anyhow, I have been looking around here for a project to do (that I like) and I think I found one.
This is my dresser that my daddy built me.


The most pronounced thing on my dresser is this pile of beads, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  I'm terrible about taking things off and just throwing them on the dresser.


Ever since I started making jewelry and buying more, I've run out of room to put it all.

A solution is coming...


...in the form of an old trellis that my dad made for my mom's rose bushes a long, long, time ago. It was behind the shed and got a little beat up. I once had it next to the screened porch for a clematis I was killing growing.

Curious about what I'm doing with it?? I will have to show you tomorrow because I have one more thing to go get and also, it got too dark to take good pictures. So come by tomorrow and see the result!!




1 comment:

  1. Your dad made the dresser? Wow! Can't wait to see what you do with the trellis.

    ReplyDelete