July 19, 2010

Continuing...


Okay, so back to May. Softball season started and Big V played for school again this year. The team was fantastic.
After the team prayer and cheer, they all head out to the field.

My third baseman.

This was a hit, after the ball got to her. Lol.

We had a first communion.

My great-niece, and godchild. Punkin' face. : )

The 8th grade had their "Hope Ribbon" ceremony. This is best explained by a ceremony where each student is given a ribbon that they wear for the remainder of the school year. It symbolizes their hopes for their futures.

So grown up. It makes me sad. :( But happy that everyone is healthy and strong and able to go on to the next chapter of their lives.


My Dad pinned the ribbon on.


A wonderful breakfast and tear-jerking slideshow followed.

Also in May, my garden really started to open up.
Beautiful irises.


Columbines.

Allium.


And, the best of all, the start of my beloved peonies. I used these peonies to decorate th party for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I have to have blooms on them. I freak out when I don't. Lol. Also, there is nothing, nothing, like the fragrance of peonies. I wish I could bottle the scent and keep it all year long. I love how the ants promote the opening of the buds. I have been known to find ants somewhere else in the yard and transport them to the peony buds to help them open. I'm so impatient.

 
The farmer's markets opened. We got lettuce and tomatoes for the Memorial Day party at my brother's house. I also found an extraordinary geranium.
The woman I bought it from said it was a rare, heirloom geranium. I believed her because I have only ever seen one in my perennial book and I wanted it as soon as I saw it. I bought it on the spot. This one will be brought into the house for the winter for sure. I will do everything in my power to keep this alive as long as I can. Each flower in the cluster resembles a miniature rose. It really is gorgeous.

Memorial day was quite warm and rain-free. My poor brother has had his share of crappy weather for this family party.
This year he lucked out.
We had our annual family softball game.
Then we all got eaten alive by mosquitoes, went in for dessert and headed home.

Oh, one more thing...
I bought a hydrangea at the farmers market as well.

So all in all, May was very busy and somewhat emotional. I know I was thankful for my girls being healthy and being able to play ball, go to school, have more birthdays. I also am thankful for God sending spring to us, finally, and for softball. I love the game. I can see why it (baseball) is the national past time. Everyone gets three chances and nine people try to get you out. Its so cool. I know, I'm weird.

Up next, June!

No comments:

Post a Comment