March 9, 2010

Grandma's old recipe

I was looking through a box of papers that were my Grandma's. Mostly, there were recipes she had clipped from the paper and some she had hand written. There were strips of paper from Gold Medal flour that had recipes on them. She also was saving Betty Crocker coupons for new silverware. I have no idea how old those are, but probably from the late 70's or early 80's. One of our favorite recipes that she had written down was for Blond Brownies. Baby Girl doesn't like chocolate so she loves those brownies. Also, there was a recipe for Peach Upside Down Cake.
I tried to enlarge it so you could read it and maybe make it yourself. It is from an old newspaper, probably from the 50's.
Here is a picture of the back of it.


I started to make it, with Baby Girl's help, but I had to go make dinner so she made the rest of it with my Dad. It came out great and was very delicious. We used the peaches I canned last summer.


It didn't take long for half of it to disappear...



Thanks Grandma, for leaving a little box of your things for me to find. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment