May 2, 2012

Banana Chocolate Tea Bread


Every week I buy bananas for my breakfast. But for some reason, they go brown so quickly, I can't use them all before they are too mushy for my taste.

So, today I used them to make a delicious bread.


~Banana Chocolate Tea Bread~

This bread is so delicious. My friend Maria gave me the recipe. It's the kind of bread that makes you have to decide if you should have one huge thick slice or two thin ones. ;)



It has chocolate chips and nuts in it, making it so delightful.

Thought you might like the recipe.


Banana Chocolate Tea Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cups chopped nuts (of your choice)
1/3 cup chocolate chips

1. Beat first 4 ingredients on medium speed then add the next 5 ingredients.

2. Fold in the next 4 ingredients and stir with a spoon.

3. Pour mixture in greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

4. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to baking rack to cool further.

I hope you enjoy it!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So good to see a new post! Yummmmm...I put this in my recipe file and plan to make it soon as I have some bananas in my freezer wanting to be used!

    ReplyDelete